Monday, June 15, 2009

LIVING WITH THE MINDSET OF A STRANGER

It is a hard truth to believe, and a reality that is most times denied, because we sometimes develop love for certain places and people we have met in life, and the difficulty of letting go, really dreads our very soul.

I have been confronted most times with hard issues in my life, whose experiences sometimes leave a scar on me. One of such pains is the loss of my dear father that cared for me, and meant the world to me.

When I heard the news of his death, it sapped me of my energy that I lay on my bed all night crying in my heart for the demise of a man, who lived to ensure that the basic things of life will not elude me. As I pondered over this great loss, one thing popped out of my mind that we are all strangers in this world, and we will someday depart.

The legacy we leave behind as strangers in this world is what remains pertinent as we journey through this life. Life most times comes with uncertainties which tend to build up into fears that drains and saps the very energy from us.
One great revelation that will deliver you from every machination and schemes of the evil one is that you can do without that thing you hold so dear to you, provided it does not form the essence of your being.

Letting go off things we have developed love for, can really be a very difficult task to take, most times it seems really impossible to do that. The act of love goes with our emotions, and most times our emotions sometimes becloud our sense of logical reasoning. Emotions are like your personal weapons that may either make or mar you. The stranger’s mindset is that of letting go things that don’t complement your destiny or represent your royal dignity.

The world we leave in happens not to be our own, and we all happen to be passersby on the surface of the earth. It is quite expedient that you understand the true value of yourself, so that you learn to let go of things that mess up your life, and focus on the source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment